Pixelmon mashes up the worlds of Pokemon and Minecraft allowing players to become a Pokemon master and catch ’em all.
What is Pixelmon
Pixelmon is a Minecraft mod that takes many aspects of the Pokemon world and transports them into Minecraft.
Created to fit into the world of Minecraft perfectly, this extensive mod includes over 700 Pokemon for players to capture, raise, and battle.
The mod team has also included the series staple breeding mechanic.
Pixelmon adds items for players to collect, like TMs, to teach Pokemon new moves, and Apricots, that can be harvested to craft new Pokeballs. That’s not even mentioning the randomly spawning PokeMarts.
If you’re a fan of Pokemon or are really into unique Minecraft mods, you can’t miss this.
How Pixelmon Works
Once you have Pixelmon installed, you create a new world and you start off by selecting your starter Pokemon from generations 1-7.
Once you do that, you spawn in and you’re ready to start your own adventure.
What’s so great about this mod is players can play it as much like Pokemon, or as much like Minecraft as they want.
Players can expect to find all types of wild Pokemon, spawning based on their biome type. These pokemon can be fought for experience points or caught to add to your collection.
There are also trainers to battle throughout the world, as well as the ability to battle other people you invite to your game,
For a basic run-through of these new mechanics, check out NPC.forsale’s video below.
For an even deeper dive, check out the Pixelmon site here.
How to Install and Play Pixelmon
A few notes before getting started:
- Pixelmon is currently only available on PC.
- Double-check the compatibility list to make sure all your mods will work together.
- You will need a 64-bit Operating System, and a 64-bit version of Java to run this.
- You will need 2 GB of RAM to run this properly.
- Only the Java Edition of Minecraft can run Pixelmon.
- Cracked Launchers may not save your Pixelmon data properly.
Okay, now to get started with the install process.
- Download Forge 1.12.2 here.
- Save to Desktop.
- Open Forge.
- Install the Client.
- Go to Reforge.gg to download Pixelmon.
- Hit Download.
- Save to Desktop.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Go to Installations.
- Go to New.
- Find Forge version 1.12.2.
- Name it.
- Hit Create.
- Close the Launcher.
- Right-click the Windows button and select Search.
- type “%appdatapercent” hit enter.
- Look for .minecraft folder
- Click it.
- Look for your mods folder.
- If you don’t have one, create a new folder named “mods”
- click it
- Now, drag your Pixelmon folder from your desktop into this folder.
- Reopen the Minecraft launcher.
- Select the version you just created in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Launch the game.
- Once you’re in-game, click the mods button to see if your mods are correctly installed and loaded.
At this point, you should be good to go. If you’re having trouble, be sure to head over to the official download instructions, and double-check the steps listed in the video below.
If a video is more your thing, check out Tasty Penguin’s video below.
Will you be checking out Pixelmon, have you played it already? Let us know in the comments below! For everything else Minecraft, keep it here.