Green Dye has a ton of cool uses that you can utilize for your Minecraft world. In this guide we’ll breakdown & tell you everything you need to know about Green Dye in Minecraft.
How to Get Green Dye
Green Dye can be crafted in Minecraft by smelting a cactus with any type of fuel inside of a furnace.
This process will yield in 1 green dye per piece of cactus smelted inside of the Furnace.
You can also find green dye generating naturally inside of house chests in desert village biomes.
If you happen to come across a wandering trader you can purchase 3 green dye from them for 1 emerald.
Uses for Green Dye
After you have obtained some green dye there are a ton of different items which you can use the dye on to change their cosmetic appearance.
Here are just a few of the ways that you can use green dye:
- Use it on a sheep to dye their wool. Shear it to receive 1-3 blocks of green wool.
- Apply it to tamed wolves & cats to change the color of their collars.
- Dye stained glass & glass panes.
- Change the color of your beds & leather armor.
- Mix with gunpowder to create a firework star.
- Can be used to add patterns to banners.
- Mix it with Lapis Lazuli or blue dye to create cyan dye
There are a few more uses that only apply to Bedrock & Education Editions of Minecraft which we have not covered here.
That is everything you need to know about crafting & using green dye in Minecraft! We hope you found this article helpful & informative.
Please feel free to drop a comment below if you have any questions or need some help!