You can duplicate items in Minecraft 1.17 by placing them down in the world, then quickly quitting the game & logging back in.
What Is a Duplication Glitch?
A Minecraft duplication glitch is a method which allows you to copy or duplicate an item over & over again in order to gain an advantage in the game.
Most duplication glitches receive patches over time but there is always a new one popping up. These glitches usually show up with major Minecraft updates when they add new mechanics.
Duplication glitches are frowned upon by most of the Minecraft community as they can give players an unfair advantage while playing on servers.
These glitches are also hard to do & they don’t always work every time you attempt them.
How to Duplicate Items in Minecraft 1.17?
So far there is only one working method to duplicate items in Minecraft update 1.17. Many YouTubers make long, boring videos about how to do them & waste your time.
This duplication glitch is only confirmed to be working on Bedrock Editions of Minecraft as of right now. We are not sure if it works on Java, multiplayer servers or Realms.
This glitch is simple but may take a few tries in order for it to work.
Follow the instructions below to try this working duplication glitch for yourself.
Make sure you duplicate & make a backup of your world before trying this glitch as it might corrupt your world / save!!
- Load up your Minecraft world & acquire the items or blocks that you want to duplicate.
- Create & place a chest near yourself anywhere in the world.
- Take the first blocks or items that you want to duplicate & place them in the chest.
- Exit the chest & wait 5 to 10 seconds.
- After 5 to 10 seconds have passed press Alt + F4 on your keyboard to quit Minecraft.
- Start up Minecraft again & load up your world.
- If you timed it correctly you should still have the original blocks in your inventory as well as a duplicate set of blocks / items in your chest.
Repeat the steps above until the dupe is successful.
How Does the Duplication Glitch Work?
The way this glitch works is simple. The idea is to have the world information save & quit the game before your character information saves.
If the world saves & you quit before your character does, the items you placed in the world or chest will stay but those on your player won’t.
That’s all you need to know about how to duplicate items on Minecraft 1.17.
Here is a short explanation video by YouTuber Mon Facts in case you need a visual.
While it is a lot of work to pull off it may be useful enough for you to get a head start. We’ll keep you update as more duplication glitches are found or patched out.
We hope you found this article helpful. Please feel free to drop a comment below if you have any questions or concerns!