Minecraft update 1.18 Caves & Cliffs Part Two will most likely be available in December of 2021.
What Is in Update 1.18?
Minecraft update 1.17 (Caves & Cliffs Part One) is currently available since dropping on June 8th, 2021.
However, this large update didn’t include many of the exciting features the Minecraft community is most excited about.
Below are some of the features that didn’t make it into 1.17 but will make it in 1.18.
Release Date: This update is expected to land in December of 2021.
- Generation of Lush Caves & Dripstone Caves – You can find Lush Caves in 1.17 but only in creative mode by changing settings, but they don’t generate in vanilla yet.
- Axolotls Find a New Home – While Axolotls are findable in 1.17 they are moving from oceans & cave rivers to a new home within the Lush Caves.
- Generation of Noise Caves – Noise Caves are a new type of cave system that are broken down into two variants (Cheese & Spaghetti).
- Cheese Caves – Will form & are classified by wide open corridors & contain stone pillars.
- Spaghetti Caves – Will form & are classified by lengthy, narrow & winding corridors.
- Addition of the Warden & the Deep Dark Biome – The Warden is a new powerful blind mob that hunts by sound. He lives in the Deep Dark Biome & the suggestion is to run away from him rather than engage him.
- New Archeology Activity – The only brand new addition to 1.18 that doesn’t include things already in 1.17 is Archeology. Dig sites pop up around the surface of the world where you can explore them. Here you can brush off artifacts to uncover rare & hidden treasures.
Didn’t Meet Expectations
There were a lot of expectations for this update that many players feel weren’t met.
All of these new features were teased to be included in 1.17 but instead we got a shell of what to expect in 1.18.
Either way we are excited & patiently waiting for Minecraft 1.18 Caves & Cliffs Part Two. The new cave biomes & generation systems are going to be a ton of fun.
For now we’ll enjoy what we can get out of 1.17 & hope for the best when update 1.18 drops by the end of this year (hopefully).
That’s all you need to know about Minecraft 1.18 Caves & Cliffs Part Two. We’ll keep you updated as new information comes out over the next few months.
We hope you found this article helpful. Please feel free to drop a comment below. if you have any questions or concerns!