Roblox has officially come out with a voice chat feature, which can be used in many games across the platform. In this article we show you step by step how to enable voice chat on your account and start chatting!
What You Need to Get Started
In order to enable voice chat, you will need to have a 13+ account. Roblox will not allow you to enable voice chat if you don’t.
You will need to verify your age before enabling. To do this you will need some form of government ID, like a state issued ID, a drivers license, or a passport.
Unfortunately as of now, school IDs do not work in place of a government ID.
Finally, you are going to need to use a smartphone. Whether you use Apple or Android doesn’t matter.
How to Enable Voice Chat in Roblox
- First head to roblox.com on your computer, and log into your account.
- Click on the settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen, and click on “settings”.
- Go to “account info”, and scroll down till you see a button that says “Verify My Age”.
- Once you’ve clicked this, a tab will pop up with “Identity Verification” at the top. On this screen it will tell you that you need an ID and a smartphone. Under this will be a QR code.
- With your smartphone, scan the QR code, and a link will pop up asking to open Roblox.com in safari.
- Once opening the link, you will come to a screen that says you have joined the queue. It will give you an estimated wait time, and the amount of people in the queue.
- After waiting for a bit, it will redirect you to another screen where you’ll see a list of things you need to start. At the bottom of the screen will be a button that says “Start Session”.
- Click start session. This will take you to a new screen letting you know that “roblox.com” wants to access your camera, click “Allow”.
- Next, you have to take a picture of the front and back of your ID. You will also need to take a photo of yourself.
- After doing so, you redirect to a new page. It says that your data is now submitted, and all you have to do is wait for it to verify.
- Once your age is verified, you’ll be able to go into settings again, click on “Privacy”, and look for “Beta Features”.
Underneath, it will say “Enable Voice Chat”, and all you do is slide the button over so that the feature is on.
- Now you can go to any game that allows voice chat and start chatting!
This was all you need to know to enable voice chat in Roblox! Have you enabled it yet? What do you think about this new feature?
We hope you found this article helpful. Please feel free to drop a comment below if you have any questions or concerns!
Looking for more?
Read more of our Roblox news & Info.