Shadow Magic is rare and powerful magic that can be obtained in Deepwoken. In this guide, we’ll show you the requirements to get it, where to find it, and how powerful the Mantras of this skillset are.
What is required to get Shadow Magic?
To get Shadow Magic, you will need to give five Umbral Obsidian (a 10% drop item from creatures such as Sharkos and Lionfish) to the respective trainer in The Depths.
How Do You Get Shadow Magic?
Here are the steps you need to take to get Shadow Magic:
- Enter The Depths with your five Umbral Obsidian.
- Go to the gate with the sloped entrance. There are two entrances so make sure you are entering the right one.
- Once you’ve gone through the entrance, you should be in the District of Commerce.
- Treading carefully around any present enemies, keep moving until you reach the City of the Drowned.
- You’ll know you’re in the right area when you see the big, spiky sea urchins along the floor. Going past the sea urchins, take the staircase up.
- Once you’ve reached the top of the stairs, look for a pit that is sandwiched between the buildings. Dropping down, you’ll find a small cave in the pit area.
- Entering the cave, you will find the trainer for Shadow Magic. Complete his quest and give him the five Umbral Obsidian in exchange for a Nightblood item.
- Drink the Nightblood, and you will unlock your very own Shadowcast talent.
How Powerful is Shadow Magic?
This Magic’s power level is one of the highest in the game due to its unique Mantras and ability to drain ether from a successful hit. You can check out Shadow Magic showcases on YouTube to get an idea of how it works.
Here are some of the best Mantras of Shadowcasting:
- Dark Blade: A dash that unleashes three blade slices. The first attack can be parried, but the following two cannot be, making this move effective in PvP.
- Shadow Gun: A mid-range gunshot attack that has enough power to break some blocks.
- Shadow Eruption: An effective Area of Effect Mantra that appears as a black explosion in front of the user.
- Clutching Shadow: An auto-check that targets the closest person or opponent, choking and slamming them to the ground.
- Shadow Meteor: A support-type Mantra that rains down black meteors, breaking the block of your opponent if all of them hit their target successfully.
- Shadow Assault: A mobility-type Mantra that lets you fast dash, causing damage if you hit anyone. This can be canceled if someone is blocking you.
Now that you know how to get Shadow Magic, you’re ready to take your power to the next level in Deepwoken. Make sure you are prepared before venturing into The Depths as this area is one of the most hostile places in Deepwoken.
We hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any questions about how to get Shadow Magic, please feel free to drop a comment below.
Looking for more?
Read our latest Deepwoken guides.